Some of you may be able to relate to this post.
Some of you may have never experience these feelings ( lucky ).
and some of you may be going through this AS WE SPEAK, and have no idea what to do about it.
if this is the case, i feel you’re pain.
I’m currently single. I’m definitely not ashamed, but there are moments where I can’t say ‘I’m loving it’.
after being in a long term relationship, and living with cet person, I became accustom to a certain level of constant intimacy.
to put it mildly,
i love love.
I decided, after the ending of my previous relationship, that I was going to persue MY dreams (that I had sadly put on hold), that I was going to move away, and was going to purposely stay single during my time in O-town.
But, now that I’ve come back to the maritimes, and am working, I’m now searching for what’s missing in my life.
I have the career, the degree, the family, the amazing friends, and the puppy…. so what’s left?
I’m missing these things:
– the lil kisses when you wake up in the morning
– the hand-holding when you’re grocery shopping
– the human body-pillow during movies/tv shows
– the cuddling….oh i miss the cuddling.
– the lil phone calls/txt messages, just to say ‘hi’ or that they were thinking of you.
– always having a dance partner, especially when you go drinking and end up in a dance bar (note: i definitely don’t have a problem finding a ‘partner’ on the dance floor… usually there’s too many. But there is nothing better than dancing with someone you care about!). I’m also a sucker for slow songs!
– i miss the romance…all things that go with that. The soft kisses, the ‘i wuv u’s, the flowers on special occasions (or randomly! :)), the dinner/movie/dancing dates, the encompassing hugs, spooning (BIG SPOON, LITTLE SPOON! :)), the giggling, the butterflies, and most importantly, the intimacy (whether that is nice and sensual, or diiiirty!)
So the question is, what does a girl do?
I don’t know the ‘rules’ anymore. Do we persue someone we like, or do we have to wait for them? Is asking a guy out “too bold”? What’s a dating ‘faux-pas’? And when do you give up on someone….?
Women, and Men, out there….what is your best advice?
Ps. picture came from www.myspace.com/darfurnow